We announced in 2022 that we would give 1% of our profit to fighting climate change. This year, our team voted for The Climate Coalition to receive the pot. What a great choice. This fantastic charity represents the UK’s largest group of people dedicated to action against climate change. More than 100 organisations in fact.
So what else goes into making Pier a green PR agency?
Who we are
Well, it all starts with our purpose. Our mission statement. Our reason for being.
To create exceptional communications with impact and meaning, from an agency rooted in integrity, with people and planet at our heart.
What we’re doing now
Every year we set ourselves goals to reduce our impact. Our 2023 goals are:
- To reduce our emissions per hybrid worker by 5%
- To use local suppliers for at least 25% of our spend
- To improve transparency of internal reporting and measurement of diversity within our workforce
What we want to do in the future
Being a green PR agency means never standing still. Next year, we’re aiming to do more, including:
- Achieve B-Corp Certification – after much hard work we’re incredibly proud to have submitted ourselves for assessment and are now in the queue to be reviewed!
- Bring more diversity into our workforce – you can read our commitment on this here.
- Refine our carbon goals with a robust Carbon Reduction Plan – we’re already measuring our emissions, but we want to go even further to ensure we’re doing everything we can to reduce our impact and help us all achieve Net Zero
- Work with more clients in renewable energy – hopefully you know this is our specialist area, but we want to do more! Find out more here.
You can read more about our approach to running a responsible, planet-friendly business on our Culture page.