We are looking for an account manager on a 6 month fixed term contract to support across our portfolio of clients. We welcome interest from applicants near to our London or Ipswich offices for hybrid working, or elsewhere in the UK for remote working. Please take a look around our website to find out who we are, what we do and our current team. We work with clients across renewable energy, food and beverage and other sectors. We are looking for someone who can work across multiple sectors, so welcome interest from candidates with experience in a variety of industries.
Essential: A good academic record, at least two years experience in a Senior Account Executive role (or similar) and thorough knowledge in media, PR and communications.
To carry out the execution of the strategies and activities as detailed by their account directors, ensuring that programmes and objectives are being adhered to, and that their accounts are well organised. An account manager should be a capable and confident operator who has a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and who is fully in control of the media tools available to create the required media coverage in all PR areas.
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that only require exceptional amends from seniors and clients
- Ability to draft feature copy for trade, corporate and business publications for client that is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal client or media amendment
- Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executives
- Capable of writing creative new business proposals with direction from account director, and drafting evaluation reports, speeches and presentations as required
- Ability to draft digital copy including blogs, e-newsletter and short form social media copy requirements that only require minor amends
- Complete understanding of how the media, including social media, works in the areas in which you operate – the opportunities available and building strong relationships with journalists and creators
- Driving the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity
- Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage / reach is achieved for your client and projects
- Overseeing programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions, influencer partnerships, sampling offers and free for every reader offers
- Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client
- Competent in all verbal approaches to journalists – consumer, business-to-business and trade – to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities
- Plan and manage the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photocalls, press conferences, webinars, stakeholder consultations and training days on behalf of clients
- Understand and advise on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&A’s, exclusives, embargoes, and damage limitations
- Negotiate major media promotions and advertorials
- Alert clients to PR risk or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility, e.g.: employment practices, health and safety at work
- Select and develop sponsorships including planning, contractual agreements and activity organisation
- To lead meetings. Ensuring that preparation for the meeting is well organised and that account directors or seniors are fully briefed on meeting contents
- Taking a key role in presentations to existing client and at new business pitches
- Lead new business brainstorms and have a creative input in all new business pitches within account group
- Play an important role in securing new business for the company, including initial research and approaching targets
- Play the central role in the team and take full responsibility for your clients and any problems
- Proof read all written material
- Developed useful and relevant business contacts
- Mature ability to brief designers, photographers, printers in a knowledgeable and precise manner, negotiate costs etc., and manage quality control and deadline problems
- To motivate and supervise a team
- Have a full understanding of financial controls on all accounts, mark-up rules and budgeting procedures
- Commission and analyse research including surveys and focus groups
Our commitment to Environmental, Social & Governance
Pier is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and is working towards B-Corp accreditation.
The key points of our environmental strategy include:
- Minimise waste
- Minimise toxic emissions
- Work remotely (home working) where possible to save impact on environment
- Actively promote recycling both internally and externally
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation
- Support local businesses and source local
- Transmit electronic documentation wherever possible
- Encourage the efficient use of energy and water
- Train employees on environmental issues
Culture & diversity
Please find below our most recent performance review:
- All senior management have undertaken inclusion and diversity training
- Our age ranges from 21 to 52 with a higher than industry average of 35-44s
- We have a high percentage of staff with dependents
- Flexible working is offered and a high percentage of part-time staff work hours which suit them
- We operate an 100% hybrid/remote workforce, with options to access to regional business centres around the UK
- We have a robust wellbeing support programme – we support team members with their mental health
You can read more about our company culture here.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
At Pier we know that our people make us who we are. We actively seek talented individuals who embody our core values, working with integrity to produce an impactful client experience, underpinned by solid industry knowledge.
It is our firm commitment that no-one will receive less favourable treatment before or during employment with Pier on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic background), religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
We offer flexible working to help create a stimulating, accessible and supportive working environment based on mutual respect and trust where equality of opportunity is offered to all our employees, clients, and job applicants.
If you would like a copy of our full Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy or wish to discuss any accessibility requirements for the recruitment process or the role, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss.
We recognise there is more to do to improve our diversity and are actively encouraging job applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
We look forward to hearing from you!